Published: November 1, 2019
The Technical advisor’s primary responsibilities are to assist with the sale of tires and mechanical services and to offer exceptional after-sales service to the branch’s customers.
- Greet customers and determine their needs in terms of tires;
- Provide advice when purchasing tires and complete the sale;
- Perform part orders in the computerized system;
- Assist the mechanics with the diagnosis of problems with the vehicles;
- Order parts through the computer system;
- Ensure the quality of the work carried out by carrying out road tests;
- During customer visits, promote the other services offered by the company;
- Answer incoming calls related to technical questions regarding tires or inquiries on the advancement of work in progress;
- Produce an estimate of the work to be carried out on the vehicle;
- Bill clients according to the vehicle work orders;
- Execute cash closing procedures and run daily reports.
- Technical Knowledge: Your 5 years of experience in sales or consulting as well as your in-depth knowledge of the automotive industry give you the necessary assets to take up your duties.
- Customer service orientation: You have great interpersonal skills and offer exceptional customer service.
- Interest in the automobile industry: Passionate about this industry, you possess a strong knowledge of car mechanics and tires.
- Bilingualism: You communicate perfectly in both French and English and can offer sales and consulting services in both languages.
- Stress Management: You are able to manage deadlines and make sound decisions quickly.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Note : please indicate the Tireland Auto Centre name and location where you wish to submit your application.